What is CBF?
Central Bible Fellowship (CBF), based in Fort Dodge, Iowa, is designed to be an online community of believers in Jesus, who are committed to being transformed by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:2). Central to that process is growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18) and learning to become doers of His word (James 1:22). CBF understands that our pursuit is not simply for the sake of knowledge (1 Corinthians 8:1), but that the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart, and a good conscience, and a sincere faith (1 Timothy 1:5). The Bible is central to everything we are about and all that we do because it is God-breathed and provides us what we need to be equipped (2 Timothy 3:16-17). CBF is celebrating the centrality of the Bible for our walk with Him, our walk with each other, and our diligent efforts to do good to all (Galatians 6:10).
CBF is about loving God with all we are, growing together in love through the exegesis, exposition, and application of the Bible, loving our neighbors with gospel intentionality, worship that exalts the greatness and grace of God, Scripture-based prayer, life-on-life discipleship, every member a minister, and every member a missionary in our communities.
What is CBF’s Plan?
CBF’s is following a 2-Phase plan:
- CBF launches online meetings, welcoming all who wish to learn and grow through an online fellowship focused on the interactive teaching of the Bible.
- CBF identifies and appoints at least seven advisory elders for guidance and accountability until CBF grows to the maturity of having a plurality of elders/pastors.
- CBF focuses on identifying and developing a plurality of leaders to mirror Biblical examples of church leadership.
- CBF supplements the online fellowship with local assemblies meeting locally in diverse geographical locations as appointed leaders are able to support that growth and function.
- The initial local (brick and mortar) fellowship launch is planned for Fort Dodge, Iowa, at the Vyrsity Innovation Center.
What is CBF’s Philosophy of Ministry?
CBF is committed to the equipping of believers for the work of service (Eph 4:11-12). We challenge believers to take initiative to study the word for themselves, to grow to spiritual maturity, and help others take the same journey (2 Timothy 2:2, Titus 2:3b).
What are Some Values of CBF?
–In-depth Bible Teaching
–Casual and Friendly Fellowship
–Supportive of Families
–Providing Opportunities to Develop and Serve
–Committed to Discipleship
–Caring About the Community
What Does CBF Need?
CBF needs people. We need people who are committed to the study, doing, and sharing of God’s word. We need people who are passionate about knowing and serving God. If you want to dig deep in Scripture, to develop your tools and gifts, and to use them in His service, then you will feel right at home at CBF.